Ron spent the last week with me in Seattle. I had such a wonderful time (and I'm pretty sure he would say the same). We are constantly learning more and more about each other, which is always fun. Ron learned a little more about my feminist views and I learned a lot more about football and the all-consuming "fantasy football".This trip also allowed us to further establish some traditions. One of these traditions is that whenever I pick him up from the airport, I make and bring him a sandwich. I can tell that he is happy to see me but also very happy to see that turkey and cheddar sandwich. Another tradition we have decided upon is that once a year, in the fall on a particularly dreary day, we will skip out on work and go see a matinee at the local theatre. Only once a year though, we do want to be faithful employees. Most importantly, we have decided to settle most of our disputes in the only truly fair way we know, thumb wrestling. Until recently, I was the reigning champion.
While Ron was here we spent a lot of time with friends, went to a Jubilee concert at The Triple Door, saw Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, went to the Starbucks on the 40th floor of the Columbia Tower (check out the view), visited a portion of the sculpture park, watched the Steelers beat the Redskins, ate big breakfasts, had a hot fudge sundae at Icon Grill and talked a bit about the future.
Dating long distance can be challenging. Our time together always goes too fast and then we are back to cell phones cutting out, 3 hour time difference, demanding schedules and email. I love our visits and look forward to the next one in 6 weeks. I'll be spending a couple of weeks with Ron and his family in December. 6 weeks... it can't come soon enough.

3 comments:
You guys are great!
Great picture of you two! looking forward to meeting you Jenn.
Jenn! :) If you are going to be out here I'd love to see you - at least for long enough for you to meet Campbell and for me to give you a hug!
Yay for traditions - love them. You're wonderful and we miss you!!
Post a Comment