Friday, November 7, 2008

I bake


I've never been much of cook. Occasionally I will get this crazy desire to bake some cookies or banana bread, but this only happens approximately 3 times a year. When this happens, I follow the recipe exactly. Often times recipes list how long the "prep time" is. For me, I always add at least 15 minutes. I take my time to make sure I don't make any mistakes. Usually, my seldom endeavors in baking turn out successful.

Well, tomorrow I am putting all of my skills to the test. I have invited all of the women (300) of Hill and Moyer halls over to my apartment for a study break. I've staggered their arrival times because I'm pretty sure the maximum occupancy of my place is about 30. Being a rule follower, I don't want to be breaking any fire codes. For this little party, I am making many pumpkin cookies. So far I've made about 9 dozen. Seriously. They are small, but still...I've made 9 dozen. 3 dozen are plain pumpkin cookies with icing. 6 dozen are pumpkin pecan cookies with spicing (icing with pumpkin pie spice... spiced icing = spicing) drizzle. I hope to make another 6-9 dozen cookies tomorrow. Maybe I'll make some with chocolate chips. I'm just going crazy! I won't only be serving cookies, but this is the one item I will be serving that is homemade.

I'm just becoming so domestic.

2 comments:

Mindi said...

Good for you! I've just realized that you have a blog, and will be visiting frequently! Do me a favor and add a "follow this blog" application...then you're just a click away! :) Miss you!

lacey said...

Yum-o!