Monday, November 24, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Thinking about all that I am thankful for this year, I'm overwhelmed. I recently read through my journal and I can't believe how many answered prayers I find there. I'm so thankful to be living in Seattle again. I prayed for this a lot over the past couple of years. I'm thankful to be living closer to my family and I'm thankful I get to see all of them this week. I'm thankful for my friends that live in Seattle and for the easy transition back here. I'm so thankful to be apart of a community that loves me and knows me deeply. I'm thankful for my job and how it challenges me. I'm thankful for the opportunity to learn and grow professionally. I'm thankful for the church I attend and how much I am learning there. I'm thankful for my friends who don't live in Seattle and for all they contribute to my life. I'm thankful for the opportunity to travel this year, both across this country and to see a bit of Europe. I'm thankful for the hard days and for how few they seem. I'm thankful for the opportunity to carry the burdens of those I'm close to. I'm thankful that I'm wearing a smaller size in clothing than last year! :) I'm thankful that I was able to successfully complete a Master's degree. I'm thankful that I got to go to summer camp and that I had 3 months off of work this year. And, maybe most importantly, I am thankful for Ron and how good he is at caring for/about me. I feel like I've known him forever. Being able to be in relationship with him feels like a gift and I'm so grateful. He makes me laugh all the time and he helps me to love other people better. I'm also very thankful for all of the people who are now apart of my life because of him. I'm so thankful for Ron's family, friends and church who have encouraged him to keep dating me! Their support at times has sustained me and I'm sure it has sustained him as well.
A lot has happened in the last year. I am humbled by all of these gifts and I find myself especially grateful right now. God is good! Happy Thanksgiving, my friends.

No comments: