Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My own "Personal Bill of Rights"

I'm sure many of you have heard of a "Personal Bill of Rights". I think it was developed by a Christian Psychologist or it's related to pop-positive psychology of some sort. It's used in counseling situations and we recently gave a copy to some student leaders as sort of a resource as they work with students on their floors. Here are some examples of statements that would commonly be found in a Personal Bill of Rights:
"I have the right to be happy."
"I have the right to be in a non-abusive environment."
"I have the right to grow and change."

I've decided to make up my own Personal Bill of Rights. Here are some examples from my personal version:
"I have the right to emotionally eat pastries."
"I have the right to laugh at my own jokes."
"I have the right to use my time watching youtube videos."
"I have the right to listen to Christmas music before Thanksgiving."
"I have the right to eat chips and salsa for every dinner."
"I have the right to drink too much coffee."
"I have the right to create my own casual Fridays."

Maybe you can help me add crazy things to this list...


1 comment:

Kaytee said...

Perhaps you could add "I have the right to wear animal print undergarments."