Friday, November 21, 2008

Girl's Weekend 2008!

This weekend is the 2nd Annual Girl's Weekend, location: Seattle, WA. Every year, Abbey, Lacey, Amy, Kaytee and myself gather together for an entire weekend and celebrate our years and depth of friendship. We eat together, have a giant sleepover, watch romantic comedies (on the agenda this weekend is Love Actually and The Holiday), talk...a lot, and make predictions or plans. We actually have a book that we record our future goals, plans and predictions we make about each other and our friendship.
A lot has changed since Girl's Weekend 2007. Kaytee wasn't married and was living in Seattle. Amy had recently quit her job and was hoping to be hired as an Admissions counselor at SPU. I was living in Beaver Falls, PA. Kaytee and I were both students. I was single and was really content being so...
I'm happy that Girl's Weekend is so close to Thanksgiving this year. I feel really blessed, not only by these women, but by the opportunity to reflect back on how different my life is since April 2007. I'm thankful for Girl's Weekend. I'm thankful for these women who know my heart, who love me and are willing to walk through life with me. Soon I will post a more exhaustive list of what I am thankful for this year. Stay posted for that...and maybe some highlights from Girl's Weekend 2008, Seattle edition!

No comments: