Saturday, January 3, 2009

Feeling fine in 2009

My plane was late getting into Seattle last night. I was supposed to get in at 11:20pm but it was about an hour late. I woke up this morning still unable to hear. My last few days in PA, I came down with a cold. Nothing too debilitating, just a lot of congestion. Needless to say, flying with the cold, was not fun and I am now feeling terrible. Everything sounds like I am underwater and my head is throbbing. I'm hoping that it will pass soon...
That being said, it was a little strange to wake up in my apartment this morning. I enjoyed staying at my future mother-in-laws home so much. I loved waking up to the smell of coffee or some baked good. I really had the best Christmas and New Year's of my life. I love my new family and feel so embraced/welcome by them. Ron and I made so many good memories over the past 2 weeks. Saying good-bye was hard. But I know that this long distance period is almost over. And for that I am so thankful!
Here are a couple of pictures that I had on my camera from my time in PA. The first few are from having coffee with some former Geneva students/former RAs, then there is a picture of Ron and I in a carriage, the next few are from the Conway Youth Group dinner, and then my favorite pic of us after the Christmas Eve service:









1 comment:

Jenine said...

I love this picture of you and ron as well! It was great to see you General. Cannot wait til it happens again. Lets make sure we have a phone date this semester. Love ya! Niner