Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A Christmas Miracle

I made it to Pittsburgh! My friend Josh drove me through Seattle's first of apparently many snow storms to the airport at 6am on Thursday. I'm thankful for his cautious and persistent driving skills. I then had layovers in Denver and Chicago. Not exactly the best places to stop in winter weather. But I made it to Pittsburgh only 20 minutes behind schedule at 8:20pm. I called Ron when I got off the plane and quickly made it to baggage claim.
I knew Ron was waiting for me in baggage claim, but it took me a minute to find him. I was looking for him standing towards the back where everyone else stands and waits. Instead he was standing in the middle of airport traveler-traffic wearing a suit. He was holding a large sign that read "J. Reill". At first I was a little embarrassed because the sign was so big and he was drawing so much attention to me/him. So I was laughing and hurrying towards him. I was just about to say, "That sign is way too big" when he dropped the sign to reveal a second sign reading, "Will you marry me?" Then he got down on one knee, pulled out a ring, said some nice things... and I said "YES!"
Ron and I are engaged! I'm so happy and so honored to be wearing a ring that was once worn by his grandmother and mother.

The last week has been consumed with celebration. I'm having so much fun spending time with friends and new family here in PA. Merry Christmas! We'll talk soon :)

7 comments:

Chuck said...

Merry Christmas indeed!!

Ron is certainly blessed to have the brains enough to chose such an amazing woman as his partner- We will be keeping you in our prayers!!

C~

Mindi said...

YAY! SO SO SO excited for you Jenn! I love the bit about "said some nice stuff...." :)

Wish I could see you! Are you going to be in Bend at ALL? We're still trying to figure out if/when we're coming...

Taylor and Joanna said...

We are so excited for you! We were hoping to see some pictures.

Mike and Becka said...

CONGRATS Jenn! Must see pictures!!!

angelamae said...

Yay! Congrats Jenn. That is the sweetest proposal. I definitly let out a big "AWE" upon reading it. Enjoy every moment of this time.

Laura said...

Congratulations!

Tami said...

Hey, Jen--I know it's been a LONG time, but WOW how exciting about your engagement! Congratulations! I have been keeping up through news from Bend, and have seen your siblings a couple times since they are like practically my neighbors now--well, relatively speaking. I found your blog through Mindi's. I will definitely follow it now--who doesn't love a good romance?