Wednesday, July 2, 2008

moving

Currently, I am sitting admits the biggest mess of my belongings. I'm remembering 3 years ago when I moved into this two bedroom apartment and how I almost cried because the space was too big. I remember that all the space overwhelmed me and I never thought I would use all the closet space. Today, I am wishing that this would have remained true.
The reality of moving back to Seattle has finally set in. It's been slowly coming but until recently, the big cross country move has felt like the distant future. Being a procrastinator by nature, it figures that exactly one week before I hit the road, the realization that I need to pack has hit like a wave of panic.
So, I'm packing and in weird ways this feels mournful. I haven't always enjoyed living here and I haven't been the happiest of people in the last 3 years, so the loss I feel has been somewhat of a surprise. I'm glad though. I'm glad that I am sad to see this season of life come to a close. Being sad means I have invested myself here. I've built some great relationships and I know I'm only beginning to understand how western PA has changed me.

OK, those are my thoughts...now I must attempt to fit this stuff into boxes...

4 comments:

Chuck said...

Ain't packing fun???

lacey said...

Jenn. I'm SO proud of you and how you've handled the past three years. Who knew you'd get sentimental about moving away from Beaver Falls. Come back to us!!!

Mike and Becka said...

Um, hello?!?!?!?!? You are coming to Boise?!?! I heard this through the grapevine. Well, I live in Boise now, you see. This (I hope) means that I will get to see you while you are here! I'll be pissed I don't!

:) Becka

Jenine said...

Jenn Reill,

I hope your traveling was enjoyable. I miss you already and cannot wait to visit you in Seattle.

Much love,
Niner