Friday, July 25, 2008

Seattle

I'm so thankful for my friends in Seattle. I've been here for a week now and have felt so taken care of. Transitions are hard and I prepared myself for that as much as possible... but having friends who love me, care for me and support me has made this transition seem easy (at least so far).

I've been able to stay busy with all of the meals together and coffee dates. I've also really been enjoying the scenery. I've spent time at Gas Works Park, Richmond Beach, Alki Beach, Kerry Park and Green Lake. Seattle is beautiful and I have to keep reminding myself that I live here now. Seriously, it's beautiful!
For a long time I prayed that God would make a place for me in Seattle and that I would be able to move back here. Often times that prayer was selfish and I gripped my future so tightly that I wasn't allowing God to work. Once I came to a place where I relinquished control of my plans, God provided in a way that seemed easy and his direction appeared so clear. Being here in Seattle with a wonderful community of friends, who feel more like family, feels like such a gift. Praise the Lord.

2 comments:

Taylor and Joanna said...

Jealous and miss you as well. Glad someone gets to enjoy the Northwest!

AlexMarie said...

Jen!
Just started blogging again and came across your while reading Marti's!
So glad you are doing well and So cool you are living in Seattle! Sounds like God has an awesome plan in store for you there!
So happy for you! And Hope to hear more of your awesome adventure soon!!

<3Alex