Tonight I went to Red Robin on the pier to welcome home my dear friend Bethany from Ethiopia. Bethany, along with her now fiance, Josh and two other friends were living in Addis Ababa for the past year. They were fresh off the plane but didn't appear tired at all. They looked great and I don't think I quit smiling the whole time. I just love Bethany. She is so full of life, excitement and energy. It's so easy to be around her and I have come to really value her friendship. It was wonderful to be able to welcome them home, having just returned to Seattle myself.
At dinner I said to Bethany, "You know how sometimes you wish that you could take all the people you love and care about and move them all to where you are? Well, I feel like that is almost happening for me..." I'm really happy that Bethany and I will get to be a more consistent part of each other's lives. I'm just feeling very blessed. Now if I could just get the 5 other important people in my life to move to the Pacific NW...
Welcome home, B!
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Can I be one of those 5 people?
you already are one of the 5 :)
Yes! I win!
P.S. I was looking at townhomes for sale in Seattle last night. Just dreaming about moving back there and being able to afford one. I really want to come back.
Post a Comment