Sunday, June 1, 2008

European Adventure 2008

I have returned from my 11 day trip of "studying" Higher Education in the UK and France. Actually, I did learn a lot about Higher Education so the trip truly was an educational blast. Along with the education, however, I did get to see the sights and do fun things. My favorite city we went to was Paris. The food was great, the Eiffel Tower at night is beautiful, the Louvre is huge and the culture is just so different from the US and UK that it really felt like I was experiencing a new place.
Traveling makes me realize how small or unimportant I really am. I think it's good to realize that sometimes, maybe even more so as Americans. Yeah, another thing I was really struck by (in a new way, a way I could feel) is the youth and the immaturity of the United States. Not in a negative way, but more in an ignorance way. I think I quickly became overwhelmed by the size, history and significance of the cities and places where I was spending time.
Anyway, the trip had a packed agenda that kept us moving quickly the whole time. Mid-way through the trip I was ready to be done and come home. I guess I tired out quickly. So, all in all, it was a good trip. Highlights for me were: the night I spent at the Eiffel Tower, getting to know Amy in all of her glory, driving through the Scotland countryside, the Museums (I think I went to 4), and of course, all the knowledge gained.
Here are a few pictures from the trip:


The Arc de Triomphe

Le Tour Eiffel

Big Ben (and me)



The Louvre

I had this much fun...

No comments: