Sunday, May 18, 2008

European Anticipation

Today, (in t minus 25 minutes) I leave for the Pittsburgh airport and fly into Edinburgh, Scotland tonight. I will be there for a few days...doing the stuff and seeing things and then I drive to Oxford, England for a bit. From Oxford I travel a short distance to London where I will see things like the Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, (not to be confused with the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback, Ben Roethlisberger) etc. After living it up in England, I will then travel (by train via the Channel Tunnel) to Paris, France. This is where my trip will end. I can't think of a better way to end a European mini-adventure than eating crepes and seeing a show at the Moulin Rouge. (I'm totally kidding about seeing a show at the Moulin Rouge, but you better believe I will be seeing some shows during my 11 day European travels.)
During my trip I plan to see as much art as possible. I will welcome all forms of art. Famous and un-famous paintings, beautiful and not-so-beautiful music, plays, musicals, nature, the filth of the city streets, etc. I also plan to take a lot of pictures. There will be no hiding the fact that I am a crazy US tourist. (Why try to hide it when you are traveling with 8 other big Americans who will most likely be too loud and get all excited to see a McDonalds or KFC?) I also plan to listen to a lot of pod casts and take good notes. I might purchase a few souvenirs and send a post card or two (to my boyfriend, don't everyone get your hopes up).
So, be expecting a full update on European Vacation 2008...including pictures, thanks to my Mom, who is letting me borrow her new camera.

1 comment:

Kaytee said...

YOU SAID BOYFRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all.