Today I've been thinking about seasons of life. I always seem very aware of the hard times or the valleys I go through. In those times I question God a lot and speak to Him out of despair. In those times I look back at past seasons that seem happier and I question why I didn't realize the mountain top I was on when I was living in that moment.
Recently I've been struck with the realization that I'm on a mountain top...currently. I feel like I'm in the midst of where God is working and I'm feeling so blessed by that. I'm almost embarrassed to admit that this feels rare... to recognize the mountain top while I'm on it.
A favorite praise song of mine is Blessed Be Your Name. I got to sing it today. When I was singing it I was thinking about how many times I've sung that song and connected with the "Blessed be your name, When I'm found in the desert place, Though I walk through the wilderness, Blessed be your name" part. Today I found myself connecting with the "Blessed be your name, In the land that is plentiful, Where the streams of abundance flow, Blessed be your name" part.
God is so good. I'm seeing Him work in the lives of those around me and in my own. It will be really hard for this school year to end. I'm not quite ready for that. Things don't seem to be winding down yet, but the calendar tells me otherwise. I feel myself fighting the end and resisting to allow the beginning of my mourning process. I'm glad I'm here...in this struggle to let something good come to a close.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment