I was in the Salvation Army Thrift Store the other day during a one-on-one with Lee-Anna, one of the RAs that works for me. As we were rummaging (at thrift stores you don't shop, peruse, or browse...you rummage) for some good items, I was telling Lee-Anna about a conversation I had with my dad the night before. This conversation was about politics. My dad had recently listened to Bill Clinton speak on behalf of Hillary. I shared with my dad that I had recently attended a town hall meeting that Barack Obama spoke at. So we were exchanging information we had learned about these two candidates in an attempt to educate each other. I gave Lee-Anna a short recap of my convo with my dad and then we parted ways (to do more rummaging).
As Lee-Anna walked away a man who was standing behind me said, "Tell your dad to stay home on election day." I said, "Excuse me?" Then he proceeded to tell me about how the CIA controls every election and that our votes don't really count. He said, "It's all rigged and the CIA determines who wins in elections. If you don't believe me, go to http://www.blackboxvoting.org/." I told him I would check it out and then I avoided the man with the conspiracy theory for the rest of our time in Sal Val (that is what people here call the Salvation Army). So, do you think it's true?
Friday, April 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Ignorance is bliss....When it comes to conspriracy theories and coruption I choose not to think about it. Is that okay?
I do the same thing, Lace. Even if it is true, believing it will make me sound crazy and I don't want that! :)
Post a Comment