Wednesday, October 17, 2007

CD Rut

Anyone who has ridden in my car multiple times in a month or has lived with me (Lacey... especially you), knows that I tend to choose a CD and listen to it over and over again. I call this a "CD Rut".
Sometimes a CD Rut can last over a month. Often times I don't realize I am doing this until someone will say, "Can we change the CD?" or "Jenn- is this on repeat?" As I'm sure you can imagine, this habit has only gotten worse now that I live alone. The real downside of the CD Rut is that I will listen to an album for so long that by the time I'm ready for something new, I never want to hear the current album again. Example- my senior year of college I listened to Jason Mraz's Waiting For My Rocket To Come so many times that I now, I can't stand it.
It's sad really; to love an album so much that it is all you want to listen to, and then one day, when that love turns to hate, you just cast your old love aside and move on, never looking back.
So as I work through this issue and try to find a solution to my terrible habit, I thought I would share with you (all 4 of you) who I am currently stuck on.
Right now, I constantly am listening to The Shins. Their album is called Wincing The Night Away. It plays over and over in my car and I never take it out. I might turn it up or down, depending on my mood but it is always playing. At the gym, I listen to The Shins on my iPod. At home, I plug in The Shins and sing along. Right now, I love The Shins...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't wear that CD out. I love it and when I visit I don't want you to hate it. One time Ler played Follow Me by Uncle Cracker about 100 times one night visiting and now I just want to crash my car everytime I hear that song now. Wish I had a car!

Anonymous said...

Yeah.... that Weird Al rut in '03 takes the cake.

lacey said...

Remember when you thought Mercy Me said damn in one of their songs? How many times did we rewind to make sure?

Kaytee said...

Glendon loves the Shins' new album too! You guys are so BFF. ... stop trying to steal my husband.