Sunday, September 9, 2007

"Here We Go"

On Sunday afternoons, people take naps. Some might do this in front of the TV, some might actually put on their pajamas and head back to bed; either way, I feel as though napping is a fairly common thing to do.
This afternoon, I was enjoying my nap (I was in fact trying to read which conveniently led into a nap). Not long after falling asleep, I was startled awake by the worst song in the world being played very loudly. This is one of those songs that you can barely call a song because it lacks any real lyrical creativity and honestly puts a shame to music as an art form. The worst part about songs like this is that they get stuck in your head. You hate the song and now you hate yourself for not being able to get it out of your mind.
Some of the lyrics of this song are: "Here we go... Here we go... Here we go... Steelers, Here we go... Pittsburgh's going to the Super Bowl... Here we go". The most unfortunate thing about this song is that it's long. Really long. Or really, the most unfortunate thing about it is probably that it was written. But now that it has been written, people play it...a lot!
So, here is the conclusion I reached upon being woken up from my Sunday afternoon nap to the Here We Go song:
1. There was a football game
2. The Steelers played in the game
3. The Steelers may have won (I honestly don't care enough to look it up or ask someone... I figure there is a 50% chance they won and that is enough for me)
4. If all of the above are true, then Steeler fans everywhere (or at least in the apartment next to me) are convinced that the Steelers are on the road to the Super Bowl.

Football season has already been long...

2 comments:

lacey said...

Oh Jenn Reill, you have me falling out of my set. Yep, it's football season and boy don't you wish you still had those "Stillers" pennets we brought you. I love you!!

Eric said...

I love football Jenn. You'd love it to, if you watched it with me!