Saturday, December 13, 2008

"celebrity" crush

So, I don't know if you would consider the local weather man a celebrity, but if Chris Warren on King 5 news counts, then I totally have a celebrity crush on him.
To be honest, I've had this celebrity crush on him for quite awhile. When I was in High School and College, Chris was living in Bend and reporting the weather on KTVZ. I would secretly hope to bump into him around town, see if he wanted to take me to prom, or at least sit next to him at a local coffee shop.
When I moved to PA and returned to Bend, OR for Christmas, I was disappointed that Chris was no longer there to warn me about terrible weather conditions or how it wasn't going to snow on the 25th. I heard he had moved on...was living in Seattle. I couldn't believe this news. We were like ships passing in the night. He moved to Seattle just as I had moved away.
Over the years, I honestly forgot about C.W. He was the furthest thing from my mind when I moved back to Seattle. So imagine the pleasant surprise I encountered one Saturday night while I was waiting for SNL to start. There he was; Chris Warren, with his pearly whites and subtly airbrushed tan skin. So now, I'm able to secretly hope all over again...
Secretly, I hope to bear witness to some weather related disaster, and Chris will call me on my cell phone wanting to hear my version of the story. I hope that he will be in front of me in the "15 items or less" check-out lane at Safeway with 18 items. Everyone would get all upset at him, he would flash me a smile that says, "I'm sorry for my poor planning" and I would then defend him to all of those ungrateful complainers in line behind us. We would instantly become friends and then grab a quick Thai food dinner.
You know... these are just little things. Typical hopes anyone has of their celebrity crush. I'll let you all know if I happen to bump into C. Dub around town or bear witness to any weather related disasters.

4 comments:

lacey said...

I remember you telling me about him!!! Yep. He's almost a regular during the morning hours when I watch.

Sarah Walker said...

Oh my gosh! You HAVE had a crush on him since high school! I remember! I am happy for you that "C. Dub" is now once again a part of your life! You are soo funny!

Steph Bradac said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steph Bradac said...

AND he's certified in basic keelboat sailing. Swoon! Haha! You crack me up Jenny.