As I was watching the news, before every commercial break they would say, "Stay tuned: A new study reveals an easy way to improve your love life." After hearing that once, I was committed, but after hearing it a few times, I couldn't wait to find out how to improve my love life. Finally, at the very end, just after the weather (it's going to be 70 degrees tomorrow) all was revealed about improving my love life: pet names.
That's right people! Studies show that couples who use "romantic nicknames" for each other are more satisfied in their relationship and are more happy together. King 5 News went on to encourage viewers that needed a little extra dose of romance to start using pet names.
I share this with you for multiple reasons:
1-In case you missed this King 5 News report and want to know what current research is defending
2-Ron calls me a myriad of pet names, examples: Pookie Bear, Pookie, Pook, Bear, Pink Bear, Fudgy Bear, Fudgy, Stinky, Stinks, etc. For many of these pet names there are songs that go along with them
3-I do return the "romantic nicknames" but really only by calling Ron: Honey, Honey Babe, Babe or Ronnie C
4-So that you all are aware of how happy we are together (studies can back this up, it's not just our opinion anymore)
and
5-News reports can no longer teach me anything about happiness in relationships...apparently we are doing it right! :)
Recently a couple of friends commented on the fact that Ron and I have "schmoopy pet names" and we are "that couple". I laughed at this but quickly acknowledged this to be true. I'm proud to be that couple. A few years ago I told my mom,
"I want to find a man who loves me so much that it makes me sick. I want to be so loved that I am physically ill."
I'm really happy to be loved so much it makes me sick...or at least it makes other people sick. I quite enjoy it! :)
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
you are cute jenn reill.
Loving your blog :) You are so quirky!
i love you jenn!
i have many pet names for debo, and i would have to say that if people heard most of them they would call them schmoopy too! my current favorite and most widely used at the moment is "Mr. Snug" and pair it with a voice used when talking to pets/babies and you will get the idea of how it sounds. ;-D
I enjoy calling you Realio. It's a pet name. Our relationship is super. Go King 5 News I don't know what I'll do when you aren't just Reil anymore but Cepek as well. I'll be thinking of a new one.
Rock on RonnieC with the cute little names! :) I am so estatic for you two!
I am more excited for this road trip than I can put into words. I'd love to have a Skype date though? Do you have any time this Wednesday or next Wednesday by chance?
Loves ya!
This is the best post EVER! It does make me a little sick...but I am glad, SO glad!
Post a Comment