Saturday, March 29, 2008

Saturday confessions

I love Saturdays. I love Saturdays because students sleep in...which means it's quiet before noon. Saturdays are typically without agenda and therefore, I get to be lazy. This morning I thought I would tell you what my Saturdays regularly consist of. Just so you know, I'm taking a risk here. I am actually going to share some embarrassing information with you all. I usually try to hide some of these details. Anyway, here it goes:

8-9:30am (EST): Wake up without an alarm (I love waking up on my own...)
9:30-10am (EST): Brush my teeth, wash my face, drink one large glass of water and then make half a pot of coffee. On Saturdays I drink out of one of two mugs. Both of these mugs are larger than the ones I drink out of on weekday mornings. One is a Seattle Starbucks mug and the other is a mug with the text, "Today I am Bitter". Today, I chose the latter. Disclaimer -the mug I choose to use may or may not have a reflection on my mood.
10-11:30am (EST): With coffee in hand, I sit on my love seat covered in a blanket and watch 3 tv shows. (This is the embarrassing part) The shows are: That's So Raven, That's So Raven and Hannah Montana. Hannah Montana is my favorite and is sort of like the "grand finale" of my Saturday morning tv watching. Today, all 3 of the shows were ones I had seen before, which is becoming a frequent occurrence. But I still watch these repeat shows... and drink my coffee.
Sometimes between the 9:30-11:00am hours I make pancakes or oatmeal. It's like a mini-brunch all for me! Today though, I just had coffee. Then around 11:30am, I decide to take a shower and usually I am ready to come into contact with real people by 1:00pm. This afternoon I plan to take care of a few errands and I am looking forward to doing some much needed laundry.

Saturdays are my excuse to stay in my pajamas for half of the day, drink an extra amount of coffee, eat a large breakfast and watch kid shows. Saturdays are days that I get to take care of myself and do what I want to do (mostly). Saturdays are days that college students are less demanding of me and they are quiet! I love Saturdays...

3 comments:

Danny said...

Ditto to all of that. Except your tv selections.

lacey said...

Okay. Maybe I take my soul mates comment back.

I'd be fun to spend a Saturday morning with you. Or, would that take away from your complete Saturday morning experience?

Kaytee said...

I love That's So Raven! But sadly, I don't have cable so I can't watch it. I'm not afraid to like Disney chennel shows, Amy Evans likes them too! :o)
Your Saturday sounds perfect too me. I'd do that every Saturday if I didn't have a husband that likes to be "productive."