
It snowed a lot this week in Beaver Falls, PA. Here is a photo I took on Friday from my balcony. Snow isn't that bad. It looks pretty, it makes everything seem quiet, it gives me the desire to listen to Christmas music and to snuggle up on the couch with a hot cup of coffee. So, for the most part...I like snow, or at least the romantic side of it.
Snow also gives people the desire (I don't know why) to go "play" in it. So the "quiet" part that I like about snow, really only happens for a few moments in the early morning. Pretty soon you hear snow balls hitting your apartment windows and students screaming...with delight. Snow also makes it hard to drive anywhere. If you decide that driving somewhere is absolutely necessary, it takes 45 minutes to warm up your car and shovel the snow off of it. Also, when it snows they put that salt stuff down to melt the ice. Although I am grateful for the safety aspect of the salt, it also stains my shoes and pant legs and it isn't good for my car. Snow is also cold. When the snow is falling and the wind is whipping and I am walking to work...I hate snow. Mostly, I dislike the muddy, slushy mess that snow becomes once that salt stuff melts it, or the sun.
So- I like snow but not a lot...

1 comment:
I don't know why people want to play in the snow either, Jenn!! We've had some good snow in the last week and I like the way it looks (agree with you on how wonderfully quiet it makes things)but it is so freaking cold! Snow is cold people, why do you want to go out in it? Boggles the mind.
Oh Jenn, how I wish we could hang out and look at the quiet snow and snuggle up together. You know you are my favorite person to snuggle with (shhh, dont tell Glendon).
Post a Comment