Monday, July 9, 2007

Match makers

I got a phone call from my Grandma Barbara a few weeks ago. She left me a message wanting me to call her back. A week later I got another message from her, so Sunday I decided that I should finally return her call. When she answered the phone we quickly caught up and then she moved on to the real business. I thought her only intentions in contacting me had been to catch up on life, but was soon corrected. She began telling me about this man who teaches this cardio class she attends at the hospital. He is 30 and has never been married. He is in great shape and takes care of his body. He is so nice and his name is Jason. Grandma asked me if I would go with her to her class the next time I am in town. She just figures that if I'm not meeting anyone out here, that she should be on the look out for me. Thanks Grandma.
Today I received a letter in the mail from Grandma Mary. Grandma Mary and I write letters back and forth to each other. It's like we are pen pals...at least that is how I like to think of it. Here is an except from her letter that I found particularly entertaining:

"Yesterday (Tuesday) when we went to the grocery store I went in with the walker and we saw their motorized kitty car so I said, Oh I'll try that. Grandpa went to find someone to show us how to run it. A cute young man came in right then so I asked him how to run it. (He was a worker there). He showed me, unplugged it and showed me how to run it. Grandpa came back about then and we began our tour. Grandpa asked the boy if the first accident is covered and we all laughed! You know Grandpa. So after we were finished and at the checkout this boy leaned over our checkout counter and said, 'Was that dent there before you took the cart?' Then I said, 'You should see the shelf back in the baked goods isle.' That was a good time. That young man was so cute and very nice, red headed, and a joker but I'm afraid he is only about 17. Also he is not tall enough for you either. We'll keep looking for you!"

My grandmothers are looking for me a man! I'm glad that they have ruled out men below the age of 18 and apparently someone who takes good care of their body is on the list of qualifications. I don't remember asking them to find me someone to date, so I'm assuming that nearing the age of 25 and still being single is enough of a cry for help.
Thanks Grandma Mary and Grandma Barbara.

No comments: