I love my family. I honestly have this great group of somewhat odd, but loving community of people who have the same blood in their veins that I do. My family obviously has shaped so much of who I am and it makes me thankful that I like them so much.
My mom (Nora) and sister (Rachael) came to visit me in Beaver Falls, PA for a long weekend. I had a lot of fun with them. I think the thing with family is that you just feel normal. I mean, there is this place that I automatically fit into and it feels comfortable and normal. So I spent some time showing them around (they have both been here before) and we did a bit of shopping, but for the most part it was just great to be with them.
But as I am thinking about family I can't help but think of all the other people in my life who have helped shape who I am and I am struck by this amazing "extended family" that I have found in my closest friends. Last weekend I had the opportunity to go to Chicago and spend the weekend with my friend Steph. I got to see part of her world and meet some of the people in her life. I feel at home with Steph and I think she helps me understand myself better.
So today I am thinking about family and reflecting on the 2 great weekends that I have recently had. Thanks to all of "my people" for the role you play in my life and for taking care of me. I love you guys!
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I was surprised to see a trackback link on our blog to this site called jennreill@blogspot.com... I was like, "Hey -- I know a Jenn Reill..."
Glad to see you've take the once private venture of journaling and decided to post it on the world wide web for everyone. ;)
B
I love you Jenn! I'm so glad for you that you had that weekend with your mom and Rachel. Miss you.
Post a Comment