stories. reflections. life. grace. thoughts. attempts at humor.
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Another observation from my Olympic viewing
Last night I realized that in male gymnastics, unlike female gymnastics, there is no music during the floor exercise. I wonder if having music would make it too feminine...?
I'm actually surprised that more feminists haven't protested gymnastics, that women have to "prance to music", while men get to demonstrate their strength and agility.
I can barely keep my plants alive. I could eat Mexican food for every meal. I sing in the car and dance when I'm alone. I love a good cup of coffee. I'm in love with the most incredible man I know. I have the best friends and the greatest family...
3 comments:
I'm not really sure that would be possible. :)
I'm actually surprised that more feminists haven't protested gymnastics, that women have to "prance to music", while men get to demonstrate their strength and agility.
Not that either are sports, mind you...
Even gayer for sure.
general. you amuse me. i miss you.
Post a Comment